January 2017 in Review
I had hoped to get this written sooner but, well, here you go. Better next month.
Goal: Write 5 pieces of snail mail per month
Progress: I wrote 16 pieces of snail mail in January!
Exercise: Not so great. Got better at getting my 10K steps every day but not much beyond that.
Movies: Well, we saw Hidden Figures! A lot of these movies we’re going to have to get from the library or try to find somehow. We recently started watching A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. NPH can do no wrong.
Goal: Eat at 1 new (to us) restaurant per month
Progress: We actually ate at 4 new (to us) restaurants in January. I think the ramen place was our favorite.
We’ve gotten through two books so far. Haven’t been reading together much lately because of being busy but hope to get back to it soon. Right now we’re working on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
Been writing down the good things that happen each week so that at the end of 2017 I don’t think it’s a complete shitshow like 2016 was.
Goal was to write 5 blog posts per month and I just barely made that goal last month. This post is only my second this month and so I have to pick up the pace a bit.
Been doing pretty well at cooking dinner at home. The green square was supposed to be a blue square (I grabbed the wrong pencil). Now that we have an Instant Pot, cooking at home has become even more exciting.
I’ve not been doing great at the Read Harder Challenge. I haven’t read in a few days (been writing) but I intent to pick back up soon. I’m currently reading 1984. There are maybe 1 or 2 books not pictured on this list that I have read this year. My goal is to read 40 books this year and so far I have finished 4.
I’ve been trying to answer one question on Quora each week. Eh, I’m doing alright.
I won’t picture my Commonplace Book each month but I wanted to show you that I started it inside my journal. If you don’t know what a Commonplace Book is or why you should keep one, check out this great article.
Other goals for the year that I’m not tracking in my journal:
- Increase my Book Riot posting from 2 posts per month to 3 posts per month: I haven’t done this yet.
- Maintain my mint.com account: I log in every day to make sure everything is in order. Doing great with this goal.
- Go to 4 archery shoots: I’ve gone to zero so far. Fail.
- Reach 500 Litfluence on Litsy: I’m over 300 already! It helps that I’m doing the Book Riot #RiotGrams Challenge this month.
- Review the books I read: Yes, I’ve been doing this!
- Pay down credit cards: ehhhh, working on it?
- See 2 friends per month: Yes! Saw 4 friends in January. Already saw two friends this month as well.
- Explore 6 new (to us) neighborhoods: We haven’t done any yet, but I did take the metro for the first time!
- Continue ukulele: I’ve ended my formal lessons but I’m continuing to practice on my own.
- Drink at least one glass of water per day: Mostly doing this.
How are your 2017 goals going?